Food / 11 October, 2023 / Ellie Thompson
Are you ready for a spook-tacular treat that’ll enchant your taste buds this Halloween? If you’re a fan of pumpkin spice lattes and cosy hot chocolates, we’ve got something special just for you. Get ready to indulge in M&S Food’s wickedly delicious Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate, crowned with a cloud of whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice popcorn. It’s a potion that’ll cast a spell of delight over your entire family!
- 20g hot chocolate powder or 35g hot chocolate flakes
- 200ml hot semi-skimmed milk
- 3g pumpkin spice seasoning
- A mix of 2 parts ground ginger and ground cinnamon to 1 part ground clove and ground nutmeg
- 65g sweet and salty popcorn
- 10g butter, melted
- UHT dairy cream to serve
- For the popcorn, coat sweet and salty popcorn (65 g) in melted butter (10 g) , then sprinkle on some pumpkin spice seasoning (2 g) and mix. Spread out on a tray and bake in the oven at 120°C until caramelised.
- For the hot chocolate, add half a teaspoon of pumpkin spice seasoning (as needed) to your favourite hot chocolate powder (20 g) or flakes. Either warm in a pan on the stove with the semi-skimmed milk (200 mL) or make in your hot chocolate machine, if you have one.
- Once everything is ready, top the hot chocolate with UHT dairy cream (to taste) and the pumpkin spice popcorn.
Article by M&S Food.