Food / 6 September, 2023 / My Baba
As summer has finally arrived this week, indulge in the vibrant flavours of fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes and sourdough bread in this mouthwatering recipe.
- Sourdough bread baguettes, around 300g, torn into bite-sized pieces or baguettes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 600 g Santini tomatoes, halved
- 3 large tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 handful basil leaves
For the dressing
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30 ml red wine vinegar
- 15 ml balsamic vinegar
- Heat a large griddle pan over a high heat.
- Brush the sourdough slices (8 slices) with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with a little salt and lay them onto the griddle. Cook on both sides until well charred. Place the slices onto a tray and rub each one lightly with the garlic clove (1 clove).
- Mix the extra virgin olive oil (60 mL), red wine vinegar (30 mL) and balsamic vinegar (15 mL) together in a large bowl and season.
- When ready to serve, add the bread, Santini tomatoes (600 g), tomatoes (3), onion (1) and most of the basil leaves (1 handful) to the bowl with the dressing. Season and mix well. Divide between serving bowls and garnish with the remaining basil leaves.
Recipe taken from M&S recipes.