Food / 21 June, 2023 / Ellie Thompson
Torn between a Greek salad and cheesy Mexican nachos? Put the two together! For this Greek salad nachos recipe, all the classic flavours of a Greek salad – tomatoes, crumbled feta, cucumber and olives – are layered on top of golden baked pitta breads and drizzled with a creamy avocado sauce for a fresh summer lunch idea.
- 4 wholemeal pittas, cut into triangles
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 125g pitted Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- ½ large cucumber, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 20g fresh mint, torn
- 50g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- For the feta and avocado sauce
- 50g reduced-fat feta
- 1 avocado, halved, stoned and peeled
- 3 tbsp snipped chives
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200?C, fan 180?C. Spread the pitta triangles out on 2 large baking trays, drizzle with 2 tbsp of the oil and season with salt. Bake for 8-10 mins or until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, put the olives, cucumber, tomato, onion, mint and feta in a bowl. Add the remaining olive oil, season and gently toss to combine.
- To make the feta and avocado sauce, put all the ingredients and 125ml water in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- To serve, spread the pitta chips on a large plate. Top with the Greek salad mix and drizzle over the avocado sauce.
Recipe from Tesco