- ¾ Cup ground almonds
- ¾ Cup oats
- ½ + 1 tbsp cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 Cup Apple Sauce ( pureed apple or bought)
- 2 apples chopped (1 cup approx)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- big pinch of salt flakes
- ½ cup almond flakes
- 2 tbsp oats
- ¼ cup chopped apple
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Set the oven to 170
- Tip the ground almonds, oats, salt and flour into a mixing bowl with the cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda.
- Mix in the apple puree, vanilla, butter, maple syrup and eggs until well combined, then dust the chopped apple with a little buckwheat flour before folding into the batter with the raisins.
- Line a muffin tin and spoon the mixture into the cases filling to the top.
- Combine the topping mixture in a small bowl, and with a teaspoon cover each muffin with a crunchy topping then sprinkle the coconut sugar over.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and crisp on top.
By Lizzie King
Visit Lizzie Loves Healthy for more recipes and super healthy foodie info.
For competitions and offers from our favourite brands, click here.