- ¾ Cup ground almonds
- ¾ Cup oats
- ½ + 1 tbsp cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 Cup Apple Sauce ( pureed apple or bought)
- 2 apples chopped (1 cup approx)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- big pinch of salt flakes
- ½ cup almond flakes
- 2 tbsp oats
- ¼ cup chopped apple
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Set the oven to 170
- Tip the ground almonds, oats, salt and flour into a mixing bowl with the cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda.
- Mix in the apple puree, vanilla, butter, maple syrup and eggs until well combined, then dust the chopped apple with a little buckwheat flour before folding into the batter with the raisins.
- Line a muffin tin and spoon the mixture into the cases filling to the top.
- Combine the topping mixture in a small bowl, and with a teaspoon cover each muffin with a crunchy topping then sprinkle the coconut sugar over.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and crisp on top.
By Lizzie King
Visit Lizzie Loves Healthy for more recipes and super healthy foodie info.
Organic September: 15 Items To Add To Your Weekly Shop
Breakfast, Lunch & Snack Ideas: Tips For A Healthy Back To School Routine
For competitions and offers from our favourite brands, click here.