Are you passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people and do you want to work for a progressive independent fostering agency with ambitious plans for the future?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaging Advanced Practitioner, looking for a new challenge, to join our experienced and successful team that is reflective and creative in practice. Working collaboratively with all stakeholders, you will strive to ensure that the children and young people in our care reach their full potential.
You will be required to travel for the role to support your foster carers across the North East. You will work from home but will also be required to attend meetings nationally at other Compass offices. A car and a valid driving licence are essential to the role.
We are looking for committed social care professionals with a sound knowledge of fostering legislation and practice issues who will be able to continue to deliver the same high standards of service.
In this role you will
- Recruit, support and develop the skills of our foster carers to ensure that we provide outstanding care and the best possible outcomes for our children and young people in our care.
- Provide a comprehensive, flexible and high quality service to carers, children and young people in our care using legal, regulatory and statutory guidance to inform practice decisions and to safeguard and protect against harm.
- Provide line management and professional supervision and performance appraisals for a small number of social care staff /students whilst managing a reduced caseload.
- Support the organisation in ensuring that the service is run in line with Compass Fostering Policy and legislation, regulations and standards, together with the Inspecting Body.
- Work with the Operations Manager to support complex cases, practice development through coaching and mentoring, providing advice and guidance and respond to safeguarding issues and supporting placements.
- Lead on identified projects and service developments.
- Have a relevant professional qualification in social work and be Social Care England (or equivalent) registered and have substantial experience of foster care practice including the assessment of potential foster carers.
- Have a good knowledge of fostering regulations, child care law and safeguarding issues is essential, as is the ability to make objective professional assessments of children or young people.
- Be a strong team player and be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand and contribute to the growth and continued development of the Fostering service.
The benefits of joining Compass Fostering
- Career Development – We offer many career paths, recognising hard work & supporting you into senior roles.
- Competitive Salary – using structured pay grades based on your training and experience.
- Car Allowance – £100 p/m car allowance to allow you to work flexibly from different locations.
- Wellbeing – Access to therapeutic wellbeing sessions with our Therapeutic Services team.
- Bonuses – receive £200 service award on your two-year anniversary, plus up to £500 special recognition service for outstanding practice.
- Discounts & Awards – Access to hundreds of discounts and benefits through Perkbox, as well as the chance to win up to £150 in vouchers every month from our REACH Awards.
- Life Assurance Scheme – 3 x annual salary after successful completion of your probation review.
- Increased Holiday – 27 days increasing gradually to 30 days after 4 years’ service.
Our recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be offered a role subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. Please note that Compass reserves the right to close this vacancy early upon receipt of sufficient applications.
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment, we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.