We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, friendly and supportive Finance Assistant to join our Finance team in Syston.
The role will assist in the financial processing of several elements of Compass Community finances, looking after elements of our fostering, residential and education services and supporting the wider finance function as required.
Carer payment processing:
- Preparation of accurate weekly/fortnightly/monthly foster carer payments.
- Processing of carer expense claims, ensuring these have been appropriately authorised and are in line with compass policies.
- Payable processing including;
- processing supplier invoices in the correct group company.
- ensuring accurate ledger coding.
- ensuring invoices are authorised & paid in accordance with group policies.
- ensuring regular supplier statement reconciliations are performed and supplier queries are dealt with efficiently.
Sales invoice processing:
- Raising of accurate monthly invoicing to Local Authorities.
- Correction of billing errors as advised.
- Liaising with Local authorities to ensure that all necessary information is in place to ensure invoices will be paid in a timely manner (Purchase Orders, References etc).
Other associated finance responsibilities:
- Weekly and Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Daily clearing of finance email inboxes.
- Weekly / Monthly petty cash request processing.
Experience and Abilities
The role requires previous experience of working within a finance team environment or similar role, along with experience of processing high volumes of purchase invoices. Experience of processing self-invoicing to suppliers, as well as bank or petty cash reconciliations would also be desirable.
Individuals that will be considered for role must be organised and be able to communicate effectively, both internally & externally. You should be able to work as part of a team, whilst also using your initiative and raising any concerns or issues to the relevant person
Experience with Sage 50 accounts would also be desirable as well as high competency with MS Excel.
- Competitive annual leave, up to 27 days (increasing to 30 over 4 years) in addition to statutory Bank Holidays.
- Health and Wellbeing Days leave.
- Group Life Assurance.
- Access to discounts, deals and offers through Perkbox.
- Clear progression through to management roles.
- Enhanced Paternity Pay.
- Win up to £150pcm in our monthly REACH awards.
- Staff and Carer recruitment recommendation bonus.
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.